Best Album Cover

Started by dsanchez, September 06, 2010, 12:33:25

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favourite Album Cover?

SueC

I'm trying out if I can make attachments work here...

You cannot view this attachment.

You cannot view this attachment.

...I thought this was pretty neat - that's the one Brett made for the very first CD he gave me, and so for sentimental reasons, this is my favourite CD cover ever...  :heart-eyes

...I couldn't work out at first what the shells I'd sent him in a Valentine's Day present were doing on an album cover when I got this... (and that's the tag that went with them too...)

He says you need to go the second mile if you want to impress a nice girl...

PS:  I don't know why these are coming up twice!  ...to see them as anything but postage stamps, you need to click on the jpg hyperlinks!  :)
PPS: I didn't know how to attach these to a previous post, so I had to do a new one, apologies...
SueC is time travelling

Curehead_steffa

I wonder how they come up with their album covers. They're all beautiful and creative and just artistic.
~-Sense of nostalgia for all these dead accounts-~

Ulrich

Quote from: Curehead_steffa on May 27, 2024, 02:04:51I wonder how they come up with their album covers.

After the band had no say in the choice of album cover pic for their first album "3 Imaginary Boys", Robert made sure he had the last word for all the following albums!
From 1981 on, Porl Thompson & Andy Vella (who formed "Parched Art") designed many covers for them!

https://www.discogs.com/de/artist/1831977-Parched-Art
QuoteCollaboration of work produced by artists Porl Thompson and Andy Vella. Together they were the driving force behind the art for most of The Cure's album covers, merchandise designs and several other endeavours.

More info also on:
https://velladesign.com/
I'm walking slowly and quickly, but always away...

Curehead_steffa

~-Sense of nostalgia for all these dead accounts-~