Underneath the stars!!!!

Started by splitmilk34, October 09, 2008, 01:15:37

Previous topic - Next topic

splitmilk34

Having just heard the studio version of this song, I have to say I am BLOWN AWAY.  And I listened to it in "mono."  Cannot wait for this album...

This is the best Cure song in the last 10 years.
"... sleeping less every night"

Bloodflower

I am amazed. Underneath the Stars is amazing. It has lived up fully to my lofty expectations. This ties Bloodflowers and Bare as the best song since Burn. I guess they still have it in them.
Another Curefan for The Dark Christmas album.

nausearockpig

Quote from: splitmilk34 on October 09, 2008, 01:15:37
Having just heard the studio version of this song,

Where'd you get a copy of that???

Secrets

I think it's our same friend who had the Demo versions available.

I can't read the website, but thanks!

Ooops..I shouldn't post a link to an MP3 versions of a studio song or some such..so link deleted.

nausearockpig

????? what the hell did i just miss??

becomingwater

Secrets

Same source as these http://curefans.com/index.php/topic,5578.0.html

It seems like they really captured the same vibe as the live versions.  It was only when it fades out at the end could i tell it was just one of the live versions.

revolt

nausearockpig

nah f*ck it.

i'm boycotting all new songs till i hear the album. Next album I'm gonna def boycot LISTENING TO [not buying] them until the record is out. This whole experience has spoiled it for me...

splitmilk34

I actually heard the song through Chain of Flowers.  It was played on a French radio station and someone was kind enough to alert Craig of this. 

I did not listen to, hear or download the song directly off of the album (nor would I until it's properly released). 
"... sleeping less every night"

dsanchez

Quote from: revolt on October 09, 2008, 12:11:37
It's already on You Tube:
http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=6G-3C7u2ZnQ

"This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by a third party"
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Poe

I was very curious about how this one would survive the studio treatment. Now I've heard it and must say I liked it a lot, sounded quite close to the live versions I've heard, al-THOUGH...there's that "new song messiness" again! The sound comes off so muddled in my ears (I was listening to a recording of it being played on the radio but still...), and it sounds like Jason is playing off beat several times (sounds a bit like he's drumming on plastic boxes in someone's cellar for that matter, but what do I know...). Is it supposed to be artsy?  :smth017

Still, like it loads. The gem of the album for sure.
[i]Betty said she prayed today
For the sky to blow away...[/i]

japanesebaby

Quote from: Poe on October 09, 2008, 23:24:17
al-THOUGH...there's that "new song messiness" again! The sound comes off so muddled in my ears (I was listening to a recording of it being played on the radio but still...), and it sounds like Jason is playing off beat several times (sounds a bit like he's drumming on plastic boxes in someone's cellar for that matter, but what do I know...). Is it supposed to be artsy?  :smth017

jason's cellar session :lol:

:-D

i think the quality of the version commonly passed around (in mp3s) is really so poor-ish that hard to get really excited at all. i mean, we've all heard some live versions so we know what the song is alike in general and besides many (if not all) of those live versions sound heaps better in terms of quality/enjoyment than this. so...
but now that someone mentions it, it surely sounds just as messy as the singles did, yes... i'm hoping it's due to the (idiotic) compression that the radio stations add to everything these days, but who knows... (*afraid*?). :/
anyway i really didn't bother paying much attention to this at all, let's see if the released version is any better or not...

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

dsanchez

I've hear the studio version and I must say, I prefer the live version. Actually, I think most songs of The Cure sound better live than in studio (with some exceptions as Charlotte Sometimes, for instance).
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Janko

I'm pretty sure this is a demo.

So...

:-D
Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason